2017-12-10

The Dreaded Backlog

Collecting photography as well as hobby progress has been a bit difficult at the moment due to the looming holidays, but I thought it might help me to sit down and take stock of all of my projects so that I can better plan and prioritize.  Presented in no particular order.

*sigh*


Build Projects:


  • Convert old/broken Necromunda models in to renegades and heretics
  • Finish building my "Storm Dragons" space marines
    • Clean up/strip paint from reclaimed models
    • Minor conversion work
  • Build ~3,000 points worth of Tyranids.  A lot of the basics are done but need clean up
    • Figure out how to convert this Swarmlord "conversion" I acquired without murdering my fingers.
  • Strip old Necromunda gangs ("of legend")
  • Build New Goliath and Escher gangs
  • Clean/Build Rubric Marines/Thousand Sons contingent
  • Clean/Build Death Guard contingent
  • Continue plodding through backlog of Word Bearers conversions
    • Make second unit of Berserkers and enable both squads to have more variation in loadout (i.e. banners, plasma pistols, more chainaxes, etc.)
    • Finish 2nd half of converted bike squad
    • Decide whether or not to build 2nd box of Raptors/Warp Talons as more Raptors or Warp Talons.  Build.
    • Assemble Heldrake that has been laying in cleaned parts for over a year!
    • Convert a 3rd custom Obliterator to meet new minimum squad size requirements
    • Build my havocs with heavy bolters and autocannons
    • Convert Warpsmith
  • Build small subfaction of Alpha Legion(?)
  • Finish building remaining daemon models
    • Squad of Seekers of Slaanesh
    • Squad of Plaguebearers
  • Build small Khornate AoS faction that David gifted me.
  • Bonus: Make a small Inquisitorial warband for funsies

Sort of *sigh*


Painting Projects

  • Paint Tyranid army (no big deal, right?)
  • Finish painting 600ish points of Orks (and then I'm done!)
  • Paint Storm Dragons space marines
  • Continue painting more Chaos stuff
    • Custom Daemon Prince
    • Regular Daemon Prince
    • Berserkers
    • Rubrics
    • Death Guard stuff
    • 3 more bikers
    • 2 more Spawn
    • Havocs
  • Repaint my old Necromunda gangs
  • Paint Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower contents
  • Paint new Necromunda gangs
  • Paint my hodgepodge of daemons
  • Paint AoS Khorne models

*double sigh*


Other Projects
  • Magnetize all of my 40k armies to work with my new magna rack
  • Strip the surface off of my gaming table and refinish.
  • Organize my bits to use my new storage boxes and get rid of old, falling apart kit boxes
  • ACTUALLY PLAY SOME GAMES!!!

Phew! That's a lot of stuff, and I guarantee you that I'm forgetting some projects.  This is just what came to mind while sitting in front of the keyboard.  I can't imagine what I'd come up with down by the hobby desk.  How overwhelming is your backlog?

No comments:

Post a Comment